2.Deface the share certificate(s) you want to dematerialise by writing across Surrendered for dematerialisation.
3.Submit the DRF & share certificate(s) to DP. DP would forward them to the issuer / their R&T Agent .
4.After dematerialisation, your depository account with your DP, would be credited with the dematerialised securities.
- Immediate transfer of securities;
- No stamp duty on transfer of securities;
- Elimination of risks associated with physical certificates such as bad delivery, fake securities, delays, thefts etc.;
- Reduction in paperwork involved in transfer of securities;
- Reduction in transaction cost;
- No odd lot problem, even one share can be sold;
- Nomination facility;
- Change in address recorded with DP gets registered with all companies in which investor holds securities electronically eliminating the need to correspond with each of them separately;
- Transmission of securities is done by DP eliminating correspondence with companies;
- Automatic credit into demat account of shares, arising out of bonus/split/consolidation/merger etc.
- Holding investments in equity and debt instruments in a single account.
- Proof of Identification
- Proof of Address
- Proof of PAN card (mandatory)
- Recent photographs, one and/or more